Duly Entered for Taxation on July 9th, 1928
- Plat Map of Wheeling Park Addition
- Interactive Map of Wheeling Park Addition
- History of Wheeling Park Addition
- Stone Boundary Posts and Gateway Entrance
- Wheeling Park Home
Click here to view the Plat Map of the Wheeling Park Addition.
|1||2601 N Wheeling Ave||Beacon||Tolemi|
|2||2601 N Wheeling Ave||Beacon||Tolemi|
|3||2501 N Wheeling Ave||1930||Beacon||Tolemi|
|4||2401 N Wheeling Ave||1940||Beacon||Tolemi|
|5||1208 W Cowing Dr||1938||Beacon||Tolemi|
|6||1212 W Cowing Dr||1941||Beacon||Tolemi|
|7||2306 N New York Ave||1954||Beacon||Tolemi|
|8||1209 W Cowing Dr||1949||Beacon||Tolemi|
|9||1205 W Cowing Dr||1950||Beacon||Tolemi|
|10||2214 N New York Ave||1942||Beacon||Tolemi|
|11||2206 N New York||1940||Beacon||Tolemi|
|12||2200 N New York Ave||1951||Beacon||Tolemi|
|21||2201 N Wheeling Ave||1955||Beacon||Tolemi|
|22||2205 N Wheeling Ave||1927||Beacon||Tolemi|
|24||2301 N Wheeling Ave||1937||Beacon||Tolemi|
|25||1201 W Cowing Dr||1928||Beacon||Tolemi|
In 1928, when the Wheeling Park addition was added to the City of Muncie, it was simultaneously 1) the first Muncie addition bordering Wheeling north of Bethel, and 2) the largest Muncie addition bordering Wheeling developed in over 35 years. (reference). In 1929, the City of Muncie annexed the area containing the Wheeling Park Addition ( reference).
|The United States of America||John Blackford||October 25th, 1833||Deed Record 7, Page 89|
|John and Elizabeth Blackford||Dr. Samuel P. Anthony||September 21st, 1843||$400||Deed Record 7, Page 92|
|Dr. Samuel P. and Emily V. Anthony||Joshua R. Lockwood||October 21st, 1865||$3200||Deed Record 33, Page 558|
|Joshua R. and Phebe Lockwood||Dr. Samuel P. Anthony||October 26st, 1870||$1500||Deed Record 33, Page 695|
|Dr. Samuel P. Anthony||Edwin C. Anthony and Emily V. Anthony||September 4th, 1876||inherited||Probate Order Book 9, Page 373|
|Emily V. Anthony||Edwin C. Anthony||April 18th, 1878||$30,592.85||Probate Order Book 11, Page 124|
|George L. Lenon (Adm'r of Edwin C. Anthony estate)||Rebecca G. Anthony||December 8th, 1887||$8,212||Deed Record 60, Page 116|
|Rebecca G. Anthony||Florence V. Swain, Samuel P. Anthony, Charles H. Anthony||January 10th, 1911||inherited||Probate Order Book 61, Pages 166-168|
|Samuel P. and Fannie F. Anthony, Florence V. and Elihu H. Swain||Charles H. Anthony||March 28th, 1898||$40,000||Deed Record 89, Page 269|
|Emily V. Anthony, Florence V. and Elihu H. Swain, Samuel P. and Fannie F. Anthony||Charles H. Anthony||January 5th, 1899||$3,000||Deed Record 93, Page 17|
|Charles H. Anthony||Harriett B. Anthony||September 17th, 1925||inherited||Probate Order Book 93, Page 3|
|Harriett B. Anthony||Burette M. Arthur||October 29th, 1927||$1.00||Deed Record 205, Page 143|
|Burette M. Arthur||Harriett B. Anthony||November 2nd, 1927||$3,500||Mortgage Record 136, Page 474|
|Burette M. Arthur Plats Wheeling Park Addition||July 9th, 1928||Plat Book 5, Page 28|
|Burette M. and Lena M. Arthur||Harriett B. Anthony||October 11th, 1928||$1.00||Deed Record 209, Page 344|
|Harriett B. Anthony||Burette M. Arthur||October 11th, 1928||$1.00||Deed Record 209, Page 343|
ANNOUNCING THE OPENING OF B. M. ARTHUR'S NEW
Wheeling Park Addition
Located One Mile North of Muncie on Wheeling Avenue
25 Beautiful Building Sites
These sites are much larger than the average city lot, some as large as half acre. Thirteen of these sites front on Wheeling Avenue, with frontage ranging from 80 to 110 feet.
This addition offers an ideal location for a home away from the city, yet with city advantages. The high-class restrictions protect the buyer against undesirable features.
Three homsites have already been sold and one home is now under construction, with two more to be erected in the near future.
If you are interested in a large homesite away from the city, drive out today and look them over.
Look for the new stone boundary posts and the stone gateway entrance.
Earle H. Swain, Realtor
306-307 WYSOR BUILDING.
ADDITION IS OPENED
FOR INSPECTION TODAY
Earle H. Swain, realtor today announces the opening of the B. M. Arthur, Wheeling Park addition located on the west side of Wheeling avenue about one mile north of the city. In this new addition are twenty five building sites of various sizes, several being almost one half acre in size. Thirteen of the twenty-five sites front on Wheeling avenue. Stone boundary posts and a stone gateway entrance have been erected adding to the attractiveness of the addition. Mr. Swain reports that three of the sites have been sold and a home is now under construction with two more to be erected in the near future.
Petition was approved for the vacation of lots 13 to 20, both inclusive, in Wheeling Park addition, also for the vacation of part of the twenty foot alley adjoining, to make possible the subdividing of the lots involved in the vacation, after which they will be known as part of the Wheeling Park second addition. The addition is on Wheeling avenue.
Click here to continue reading about the Wheeling Park 2nd Addition.
Click here to read about Anthony-Northside's Stone Boundary Posts and Gateway Entrance.
Click here to read about Wheeling Park Addition's first home, the 'Wheeling Park Home'.