On October 29th, 1927, internationally-famous Indiana and Muncie promoter Harriett B. Anthony (aka Diamond Heels Hattie), per the deed record, sold 13.45 acres of her inherited land along the west side of Wheeling Pike to locally-renowned developer Burette M. Arthur for just $1.
On July 9th, 1928, Burette M. Arthur's platting of the same 13.45 acres as the "Wheeling Park Addition" was duly entered for taxation. At this time, Wheeling Park Addition was simultaneously 1) the first Muncie addition bordering Wheeling north of Bethel, and 2) the largest Muncie addition bordering Wheeling developed in over 35 years (reference).
On January 3rd, 1929, Burette M. Arthur paid in full the $3,500 debt and the mortgage was released.
On July 15th, 1931, lots 13 thru 20 were vacated and became part of the "Wheeling Park 2nd Addition". One of the Wheeling Park Addition's houses built in 1929 became part of the Wheeling Park 2nd Addition. By this time, only 1 more house had been built (the same one that was under construction in 1929 and subsequently built in 1930).
In summary, per the above records:
- Harriett B. Anthony sold the land for just $1.
- The stone gateway entrance and boundary posts were built between October 29th, 1927 and July 8th, 1928.